Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Indulgence - My Recovery Car


OK, this is not about just medicine, nausea, white blood cells, and all the other things that seem to take over one's life when cancer happens. There are some other things that go on which constitutes life in general. There can be indulgences too.


My son Stephen has turned 16 this year. Thus, the most important thing to him is driving (well possibly the second most important, after all there are girls to think about!). So there is a need for another car in the family. As such I thought I'd get an economy car, something small that I can use for a commuter car while Stephen uses my other car to get to & from school. The logical choice in my mind is the car I bought this past Sunday. A very slightly used 2006 Mini Cooper S. Dubbed the "Recovery Car" by my nephew Andreas. I've been smiling ever since I got it. Driving can be fun, even in the Washington metropolitan area (believe it or not).
Life is Good!


No comments: