Monday, August 25, 2008

Chemo - Round 3 Starts

Today starts round 3 of chemo. Whoopee! Ethel the Wonder Pump is back from today through Friday again. Whoopee! I have to remind myself that Ethel is there to help and work towards my cure (a needed change of attitude towards her on my part).

Joan is back from Chicago to be my caregiver this and next week. I'm so grateful to her and TJ for this. I'm sure it is a sacrifice on their part that they will never admit too.

A little good news to share. I have managed to gain 9-1/2 lbs of weight this week. My goal was 10 lbs. so Lori told me that I need to round to the nearest whole number, thus 10 lbs. it is! Whoopee! The chemo squad was also happy hear this news. Dr. So (my chemo doc) got a big smile on her face when she saw the numbers from my weigh in.

So, do you know anyone else that would be happy about gaining 10 lbs in a week? Think hard! I love being a little different!

Life is Good!

5 comments:

Steve said...

HI UNCLE!

I'm glad to see that you are doing better this week! :)

And glad to see your new car!!! The ride that you took me and my two brothers in was so much fun!



Uncle-

You are always in our prayers.

my uncle is strong and my uncle has courage

my uncle was sometimes weak

my uncle gets stronger every week

my uncle loves people so much

my uncle is gentle to the touch



I Love My Uncle!!!!



HUGS AND KISSES-

Francesca A. Music

Subcom Mark said...

Dear Steve,
As one of your close friends I feel it is my duty to be honest and tell you something that may be hard to hear. I don't like your new girlfriend Ethel. From what I can tell she seems to be very controlling. I sense that she is also way too clingy, always needing to be by your side. I have heard that she is also loud and annoying, I don't know how you put up with her. You really need an artsy girlfriend to compliment your personality; Ethel is way to analytical and mechanical…almost robotic. All that said, if she makes you a better man in the long run, we'll all have to get used to her. But as you friend I must say that after you have your "fun" with her, I'm looking forward to the day you can dump her! Take good care until that time and congrats on the weight gain! Your friend, Mark

Nette53 said...

Hey Steve:
As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers. The Gang at work sends their love and well wishes. Deb's luncheon, yesterday, went off with a hitch. We all missed your physical presence, but you were definitely there in spirit! Take care and don't forget to kick Ethel to the curb the first chance you get!

Janette

Unknown said...

Hello Steve,

Thanks for sharing your progress. I haven't missed a word you wrote.

I have some weight gain techniques I can pass along that have worked really well for me over the years!

Charlie Broring

Unknown said...

Steve,
Estelene and I have been following your progress with great understanding and admiration for the way you've approached this challenge. As fellow cancer survivors, we know it takes your special humor and the support of family and friends to score a victory.
As English teachers, we have been shocked at the writing acumen of an engineer. It's full of personality!
It's also great to see you got your new car properly sized.
Keep it up.
Ski and Estlene