Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Surgery

The surgery is over. Steve's sister Christy said it lasted about 9 hours. Steve is in recovery and will move to the ICU soon. The doctors performed a total gastrectomy. The good news is the doctors feel it was successful in removing all the cancer cells. He will remain in the ICU for a few days and then be moved to a unit where he will be able to have vistitors. I will keep you posted as I hear more information. I think we all know that Steve will get through this stage with the same positive energy and toughness he has displayed through out this adventure. Please keep posting your thoughts and prayers and I will make sure he gets them.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Steve,

You are in our prayers as you recover. Wish we could be there to help out. And we look forward to hear how the adventure continues.

Molly and Don

Subcom Mark said...

Steve,
Your adventure reminds me of the old days on a subtow basin test. The model is unstable. Modifications are made. There is a little cracking and leaking. Looking better but not good enough. A trip to the drydock. The big operation and the rudder plate is installed. A wild purturbation after the procedure, almost hits the wall. Then the long slow trip down the basin as things settle out. 30 degrees….20…10…2 degrees and steady. Sweet success. Life is good! Have a great trip down the basin, take your time, and steady out when you get to 4E! When you're back on your feet, I may just promote you to tag line operator!
Your friend, Mark

Anonymous said...

Steve,
I'll try to stop by and see you soon - and definitely will visit Mon, Tues and Fri of next week when I'm at work. Please let me know if there's anything you need or want.
Veronica