Monday, September 22, 2008

Other Tests & More

In the hectic moments that are the last couple of days before surgery there have been a number of more mundane tests that have occurred. I went mid-week last week to get an EKG. This little test proved (despite what some may think) that I do indeed have a heart and that it works as it should.

I also had blood work done which proved that I do indeed have human grade blood, that it is red when oxygenated, and that there are all the right ingredients including things like red cells and white cells.

Today I went to get a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT). This proved that I do indeed breath air (despite what some may think).

So I am now medically ready to have surgery. The only thing left is the logistics for it. My sister, Christy will take me to the hospital (thanks Christy). Lori has volunteered to be my ghost blogger while I'm not able to do it myself (thanks Lori). Many others have offered to help in so many other ways that I could go on forever. To all those others I have to say ... Thank you so very much.

TJ & Joan have offered to come back from Chicago to help me out the week I get out of the hospital. The rest of the "Chemo-sabi Crew" are all volunteering to help too. What more could I ask for. Once again I have to say that I'm a blessed man!

To all those that have commented to this blog and sent e-mails in support of my adventure, I have to say that I love getting them. It gives me energy and strength. Thanks to you all for taking time to send your wishes, prayers, and support. Remember ....

Life is Very Good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve --

Just a quick note to let you and your family and friends know that the Saints are pulling hard for a successful surgery, restful convalescence and speedy recovery.

Looking forward to seeing you back on the pitch come spring.

All the best.

T. Weymouth

Anonymous said...

You are my hero. I'm the biggest whimp when it comes to medical procedures and you've endured enough to last a lifetime, all while keeping a positive upbeat attitude! Here's hoping that 24 hrs. from now you will be cancer free!!

Joanne

Anonymous said...

Steve,
Just kowing you is a GREAT treasure. My prayers will be with you as you take the next challenge in this unknown journey.
Hope all goes well and I will be checking in daily.

All the Best...
Terry