Thursday, September 4, 2008

Recovery Week 3 (RW3) - so far

RW3 has gone fairly well, albeit a bit strange. It has been optimistic in that my level of health has been higher than the earlier RW's. On the flip side, there has been some "ebb & flow" as to the level of health. This "ebb & flow" just doesn't want to let up as of yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that my level of discomfort has been significantly less than that of any other of the RW's. However, I was hoping that I'd be done by now! Well, this just proves that you can never count on things to go your own way during this adventure no matter how much you will it to be so.



So RW3 has found me with the cadre of people continuing to help. What more can I say, the words lucky, blessed, humbled, gratified, and appreciative best describe my feelings. I don't know how I would have been able to get through this without these folks. Thanks To You All!



I have been battling with a fever this past couple of days (one of the great chemo patient nemeses). It spiked a little yesterday, but with the help of my friend & nurse extraordinaire Veronica, we were able to keep it in control. Actually, this made it possible for me to make an appearance at soccer practice for the Greatest 4th, 5th & 6th Grade Girls Soccer Team for about 15 minutes. Hopefully it won't come back, but we'll see what the rest of today brings.

So, today finds me a bit cautious about activities and trying to keep the mouth sores at bay. Considering how hot it is outside, staying indoors doesn't seem so bad!

No comments: