Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Next Event in this Adventure

So the next step in this adventure is surgery. I am scheduled to have surgery on September 24. It is then that my friendly tumor will be removed along with some of my esophagus and part of my stomach. A monumental day of ever there was one in my life!

There are a number of things that will occur prior to surgery. Essentially, these test will be ussed to re-stage my cancer. Based on the loss of many symptoms that I have felt, I have to believe that the tumor is smaller. I am very optimistic about the test and hope that they will confirm my beliefs. We'll see!

Anyway, the surgery is a pretty major one. Recovery will be challenging, but we'll get through it. Once recovered, I'll be tumor free. There will likely be more chemo after surgery in order to assure ourselves that there are no cancer gremlins left behind. I've been told that I will have the same chemo cocktail as the one I've been getting. However, there are hints that the intensity of the cocktail might be altered to something less. I hope so, that way I won't have to have Ethel with me quite as much. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: