Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Homeward Bound

Great news: Steve is being discharged and going home tomorrow--completely unencumbered by tubes, hoses, pumps, Frankenstein stables, morphine drips or the like. That is so exciting.

He will return home to the excellent care of Joan, who has once again traveled from Chicago to oversee Steve’s home recovery. He likely has another 3 weeks before returning to normal activities. I’m guessing he’ll need a little extra time before he is back on the soccer field playing. I do know, without a doubt, he’ll be at his "Greatest 4th, 5th & 6th Grade Girls Soccer Team” practice and games this week--no matter what instructions the doctors give him!

So, it’s time for me to relinquish control of this story and let Steve reclaim the blogging helm. With that said, thank you all for putting up with me in Steve’s absence. I should have made a disclaimer at the onset for all the medical errors I undoubtedly made recounting Steve’s hospital adventure. While I learned a lot about a total gastrectomy, PICCs, TPN, NG tubes, pain medications, etc., I’m still no expert, and suspect some of my entries reflected such. Lastly, thanks, Steve, for entrusting me to continue your tale (I know you doubted me!) while you were of unsound mind and body, but mainly just WiFi-challenged.

So, here’s to once again enjoying Steve’s presence on the soccer fields, in the work place and every where else we are accustomed to the warmth of his smile, the kindness in his heart, and his semi-dorky, engineer humor. :)

Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah-home bound! Good job as substitute blogger, Lori :)