Thursday, October 2, 2008

He's Losing Things!

Steve lost lots of stuff today, but gained much comfort and progress toward greater mobility. Let's see, no more: IV line in his right arm; needle in the mediport; catheter in the, well, you know; and best of all, no more Mr. Cash! For those of you that don't know Mr. Cash, he was Steve's roommate that felt the necessity to watch, with great volume, a Spanish version of a Jerry Springer-like tv program--24/7. Steve may have an entirely new vocabulary upon his release.

Steve also started on clear liquids including chicken broth, cranberry juice, hot tea and the ol' hospital favorite, red jello. Yum. Getting some real beverages through his the new system has got to feel like a great accomplishment.

Hopefully all will continue to go amazingly well, and maybe now we can count on one hand the days until he'll be home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SteveO,
I still have your name in the Prayer Hopper....reading your blog every day. I'll see you on my next visit to DC.

Anonymous said...

ooops...this is Jorge BTW.

Anonymous said...

PIsta - you are looking good! Keep the faith freind. I left you a message on your work phone before I left the country. I couldn't see you - too many shots and kooties that you didn't need exposure to. PRaying for you on this side of the pond. I will see you next year when I get back from the sandbox.

-rose d.