Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No Possibility of Bah Humbug Here

This being the Christmas season, some of my neighborhood kids have decided that my house needs more holiday decorations. First my nephew Danny (with the help of TJ) put up a couple of Christmas blowup characters (a reindeer and a penguin) in the front yard, Later Danny and my niece Emma decorated the outside of the house with some Christmas lights on the bushes and trees. Very cool!

Tonight my neighbor Allison stopped by (accompanied by Emma) and brought with her a small artificial Christmas tree which she had already decorated with lights and ornaments and included a tree skirt to boot. She set it up in my living room where I have started to gather the presents that I have completed wrapping. Another very cool moment!

So, basically, with the help of these very cool kids, there will be no Ebenezers around here this year. Instead, there are just constant reminders of the Christmas spirit and that .... Life is Good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve - juts back from a mission -safe and uneventful. and what better way to cap the event with reading how well you are doing. You go girl! Loved the hair - but I'm getting used to guys with pretty close hair cuts - so I say keep the natural look. You can't see the gray anyways.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. I hope to be home in March for R&R and enchallah, will see you getting ready for spring soccer.

-rose