Monday, December 15, 2008

The Last Scheduled Chemo

Today marked the start of my last scheduled chemo regimen. I caveat it as the "last scheduled" as there have been fluctuations in the treatment plan throughout this adventure. That said though, I am excited about this and feel the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel" is getting closer.

Thus, today I received cisplatnum and Ethel, with her 5 FU will be with me this week until I "kick her to the curb" on Friday. I want to thank Joan for taking me today. Here's hoping that things go well this week. This will be the first (and only) time that I get to go through chemo and radiation simultaneously. We'll see how this goes.





Speaking of radiation, here's a couple of pictures of the radiation experience. First here's the "A Team," my group of fantastic radiation technologists that treat me so well (I love these guys for their attitude & caring). Second, that's your friendly neighborhood cancer adventurer on the radiation table. The "cross hairs" on my side are magic marker used to align my body with the machine. There are little tattoo dots under the magic marker as a permanent marker for alignment. The machine is just above me! After radiating me from above, it rotates to my left side and then to to under the table to radiate me from behind. In total it takes about 10-15 minutes.


















Anyway, here we go on the last chemo event. Yipee!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, my friend! Poor Ethel...she's so needed, but so unwanted! I know the feeling. Anyway, I'm running that race right behind you and hope that in a few months, I can reach my light at the end of the tunnel. You have been a true inspiration to those of us still running this cancer race. Be blessed always!

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Ebner. It's your friendly Rad. Therapist, Joy! I just wanted to send well wishes your way and tell you how great a patient you have been. Your wonderful spirit and attitude will no doubt help you along your journey towards victory! It amazes me that through it all- chemotherapy and radiation therapy- you keep a big, sunny smile on your face and are at an unwavering peace. May God always bless and keep you.