Monday, December 8, 2008

The Best Laid Plans...

Today's surprise (drum roll please) ........ chemo is delayed by a week. Instead of starting today I will be starting it on Monday, Dec. 15. Another good & bad situation!

The reason for the delay is that my white blood cell count from my blood test this past Sunday was a lower than desired. It is still within the normal range, but at the low end of it. So, the delay is to allow my system to re-coop, and then get on with treatment.

Unfortunately, this puts my recovery week in the time frame of Christmas. In particular, I will be (hopefully) coming out of my chemo funk on Dec 23 or 24, and my family is getting together on Christmas Eve to celebrate. Keep your fingers crossed that things will be going well for me then (thanks!).

Bottom line, we'll get through it!

No comments: