Friday, December 5, 2008

7 Done, 18 to Go - and 1 more to Go

I've completed 7 of the 25 radiation treatments as of this week. A little over 25% completed. I wanted to have 8 under my belt, but the machine was down today. Thus, I have the joy of a day off, but the end date moves another day later. The good and the bad (hopefully there won't be an ugly!).

Next week I will have the joy of chemotherapy again. My "favorite" Ethel will be back with me again. This is the last time though. Again with the good and the bad. My guess is that the ugly should start somewhere around Weds of next week. We'll see! I'm curious how this will work with radiation therapy as far as my side effects go. I guess that curiosity will be quenched next week too! I'm fortunate that I will not have to witness this alone. Once again my Chemo-sabi Angels (Joan & TJ) are coming back from Chicago to stay with me and care for me. There are days when I think that I'm the luckiest person in the world. When these guys come from so far to help me, I know that I'm truly blessed. The gift of love and support are truly the greatest gifts of all.

The other show of support has been the calls, e-mails, cards and comments on this blog. I'm lucky enough to hear from folks near & far (as far as Iraq, Hungary, England, & Hawaii). I've also heard form folks as close as family, associates that I haven't seen in years, and every type of friend & acquaintance in between. It is very cool, uplifting, and touching. Thanks all!

So as events continue to happen and things progress, I'm happy to say that there is light at the end of this cancer adventure tunnel. I need to stay focused on the current events and the next one too, and not get too focused on that end-of-tunnel light. There is still much to get done treatment-wise and much to get through. However, with the help that I have received and continue to receive, I know that we'll get through it all in fine fashion.

Life is Good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Steve! I finally get to see a picture of my angel! You are truly a special person and I admire your strength and perseverance through it all. And yes, Life Is Good! Be blessed, my friend!

Sheri

Joanne said...

Good luck with Ethel this week! Glad you'll get to ditch her before Christmas!

Joanne