Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Nice Surprises

I am a lucky man in many ways. I have the love and support of family, friends, and seemingly many others given the responses to this blog. People show this in the darnedest ways. Here's a couple of pretty cool examples.

My neighbors have been asking if I need anything, any help. They've been offering to help me with my shopping, stopping by to check on me, calling from the store to see if I need something picked up. I even had one neighbor offer to help with my laundry (she must know that I hate doing laundry more than any other chore!). I haven't taken advantage of these offers yet, but I'll bet that day is coming!

Well the neatest surprise was last night. I got back from hanging with my daughters after work at around 2000 (8:00 PM for you non-military types!). I looked past my front door and found a ladder leaning against my house. As I looked at the site a bit quizzically, I noticed my neighbor Cary at the bottom of the ladder. Then I notice my neighbor Reg at the top. After coming to my wits, I had to ask what they were up to. Well these two "angels" were cleaning my rain gutters. Wow, talk about a nice surprise! I gave them each a beer in return. It seems like a minor offer after they took it upon themselves to help me out in such a nice way. Thanks guys!

Life is good in many ways, and I'm truly blessed!

5 comments:

Cat said...

Steve,

Stan Rollins forwarded your blog. Sorry to hear the news, I will be praying for you. I love your attitude. You are funny. Hey, let's all do the Kokua Festival again next spring!

I look forward to reading more about your adventures.
You are forever in the Lord's grip....don't forget.
love,
Cathy

l_agi said...

Steve,

It is soo good to see you making the best out of it! You are funny as always!

Remember, good things happen to good people in general, so do not be surprised about the "ammount" of love and support you get these days.

Love

Ági

Anonymous said...

Steve,
You need to read "it's not about the bike". It's a biography of lance armstrong and was the only book that could really hold my attention after high school. I hope it inspires you...
love,
reg

Nsubuga family said...

Coach Ebner,

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us. You're in our prayers everyday.

BRiLL said...

Came across your blog....handsome guy and a bad break. I often wonder why all the good ones are taken or dealing with some sort of major struggle.

God bless, keep your eyes on HIM.

-Ro from Houston