Sunday, September 13, 2009

Adventure Reminiscence and Gratitude

Its the eve of another visit to NIH. Tomorrow I will get a CT scan, a PET scan, and an MRI. Another chance to prove to all that the Beast is gone. Another chance to verify that I'm still a survivor. Another step in getting to my new normal. I'll be sure to post the results after I get them on Wednesday.

In thinking back on all the goings on in this adventure, I realized that September 24 will mark the one year anniversary of my surgery where my stomach, some of my lymph nodes, and more importantly, the cancerous tumor were removed. I've taken the occasion to reminisce by looking back at the blogs of the time. Because I was in the hospital at the time, Lori was kind enough to post updates for me so that all may stay abreast of the goings on. I dare say that her writing style is certainly much better than mine! So, as I reminisce I think that I should also give thanks for all the support Lori has given me throughout this adventure. Lori has been there with me from the time I felt a pain in my throat. She was there for me when I went in for tests which ultimately diagnosed the tumor. She was there for me for all that led up to treatment, through the chemo prior to surgery, through surgery, through the hospital stay, through surgery recovery, through post surgery chemo, radiation, and treatment recovery. She was there for me when I was misdiagnosed with a recurrence and then she was there when it was proven that the Beast wasn't back. The bottom line is that Lori has been there for me throughout this entire adventure when the easier route would have been to leave. I have expressed my gratitude to many in the course of my missives in this blog, but I never really gave a proper thanks to Lori for all she has done for me throughout. So with all the help, support, love, effort, time, writing, worrying, inquiries made, care, and driving done on my behalf, all I can do is offer up a simple phrase of thanks. Thanks Lori, you've been the greatest throughout and I've been very lucky to have you along on this adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

radio signals received by an antenna (i.e., a surface coil in the MRI machine), which are then measured and processed to form an image using a computer.


http://mriscan.blogspot.com