Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yesterday's Blur & Results

Yesterday was a basic blur. When you get an endoscopy, they knock you out so that you don't choke on the camera ... the tube ... and any other ancillary equipment that may be going down your throat to get the pictures. That said, I was aware of my surroundings as I went into the Endo Room and got to see Dr. L, who was to perform the procedure. It turns out that Dr. L is the same person that performed the endoscopy last year that proved to be pivotal in finding that I had cancer. Dr. L said that she remembered me from last year too! She's a very nice lady who was definitely rooting for a different outcome this year! Although I have to wonder if she actually remembered me or if she was just playing along. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt though and say its nice to be remembered.

Anyway, I was knocked out and the next thing I know I was being awakened by a nice nurse who helped me to my brother-in-law's car. Chris (my b-in-law) had the pleasure of telling me that the endoscopy showed no visual signs of the beast being present. Dr. L took a couple of biopsies and we're still awaiting the results from the lab. Given the way things are going, I have to say that I'm pretty confident that they'll come back "unremarkable" ... negative ... no evidence of disease (NED) ... clean ... or whatever way you may want to describe cancer free.

So, given the visual results (I'm going out on a limb here), I get to say ...

WATCH ME LIVE and LIFE IS GOOD!

Happy Father's Day to all you dad's out there.

Cheers all!

3 comments:

tim johnson said...

Where are results from last weekend?!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Steve! Life is very good, especially since you'll be hanging around. Hope to see you when I get back

rose from baghdad

Estelene said...

I hear you were there to coach the game today, and even though the game wasn't a win, you are winning, and I'm loving that!

May the blessings of normal, everyday things be yours, today and every day!