Thursday, January 8, 2009

Treatments Are DONE!!!

Finished with treatments!
No more chemo, no more radiation, no more assaults on my body, nor my psyche, nor my constitution. As if it were choreographed, even the weather seemed to be determined to make this a good day for me. The folks at the radiation center were very gracious and seemed very happy for me. Hugs were given all around with congratulatory sentiments given to me. I have to say that they were all great throughout my time there. The nurses, doctors, techs, and administrators were incredibly helpful and very kind. I could not have asked for better. These are very special people!


Anyway, here's another picture of the latest celebration of the completion of treatment. Joy & Mustaffa were my main radiation techs, and they were fantastic, and of course, there's the radiation machine behind us. Now its also behind me as another part of my cancer adventure. Pretty cool stuff. So now I'm a cancer survivor! Life is better than good!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve, it actually gives me joy to read your blog. I knew it back in the day, when our teams played against each other, that you had an uncommonly positive attitude toward life, and it comes through like a laser, reading your blog. It seems strange to ask YOU to keep on giving US such warm feelings, you're the one that's enduring chemo and radiation, but the fact is, you are bouying our spirits, just by being yourself!

All my best,

Tom

Molly said...

Congrats, Steve!

Glad this is all behind you.

Only 15 more to go for me!

Molly

l_agi said...

Dear Steve!

I am so glad this is over for you! Though it is a bit late, but I think it is still quite appropriate: Happy New Year to you!!!

All the best!

Ági

Brian said...

Steve,
I am a friend and colleague of Mark Fellman. I often ask about you. I was delighted to hear that you did all these treatments and finished them. My hat is off to you. I hope that you accept kudos and prayers from afar. Kind of like having monks ringing prayer bells on another continent for you!
Brian Lewis

Unknown said...

YAY Steve! Good for you...you are a SURVIVOR...YOU FOUGHT AND WON!! Way to go, my friend...way to go!!