Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Check-up CT Scan

I had my 1st check-up CT scan this past Monday. The results are a bit confounding. It would seem that there are a couple of "spots" on my liver. So, Dr S. (my chemo oncologist) has put me in for a PET scan (yippee). For those that may not remember, a PET scan is the one where you are injected with radioactive glucose, wait an hour, then go through another scanning machine. The theory is that the glucose will adhere to cancer and because it is radioactive, it shows up quite nicely on the film. I still need to schedule this, but I think I may be able to get that accomplished tomorrow.

With regards to the liver spots, I believe that my doctors are being cautious and that there truly is no need for alarm. I have to admit that it is toying with my mind a little bit, but another cancer survivor that I know went through something similar recently. It turns out that there was a bit of concern (particularly on her part) which fortunately turned out to be a bit overtly conservative CT scan reading and a blip in her blood markers. After further readings and another blood test, it turned that it was not a cancer recurrence. So, if she can do it, so can I!!!

So, keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer (if our so inclined) and wish me luck, but please don't worry. I'm not and won't be until there really is something to worry about!

Remember ... LIFE IS GOOD ... and too short to spend it worrying about every little blip!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Fingers are crossed and prayers said! You are an expert at this, so all will be fine!

Joanne said...

Steve! I am saying prayers and thinking positive thoughts for you!

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, too!

Teresa said...

hey there, steve. every finger and toe is crossed in this house and we are sending loads of thoughts and prayers and positive energy your way!

teri

Nette53 said...

Steve:
I too will be sending up oodles of prayers on your behalf. You are a tough cookie and I know that everything will be just fine.

Unknown said...

Hang in there, my friend. I'm actually getting ready to post something similar on my blog! You are forever in my prayers!